Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Czech out of Prague



Old Town Square

Over the next few days in Prague I managed to see a lot of the City. I took another walk around the Old Town Square in daylight and discovered a small Salvador Dali exhibition. The Old Town Square also houses the Astronomical Clock which has the features of some crazy dials, a skeleton, the Apostles and some other strange moving figures. Tourists flock to see the clock chime and do its little show every hour. After that I sat down in the shade of the trees in the park with a hot dog I bought from a street vendor and just relaxed in the mid afternoon sun.



Astronomical Clock Tower



Astronomical Clock



My street vendor Hot Dog

After a few days in Prague I had become a bit restless so I had booked a one way bus ticket to Budapest. In my last evening I had the most amazing dinner at this local restaurant of steak with mushroom sauce and saukerauty/coleslaw hybrid. The sauce was out of this world, I’m actually getting hungry just thinking about it, and if I ever return to Prague to hope I can find this place again and have seconds!



Steak with mushroom sauce and saukeraut/coleslaw

That night I was meeting up with the Sir Toby’s group again as we were checking out some bars and clubs near their hostel. We had a few drinks at the hostel and set off to the Cross Club, these bar that looks like it is constructed out of junkyard parts. It’s a huge bar with several floors and a substantial outdoor area, very good for summer pre-drinks. But we wanted to dance so we headed off to Mecca and danced the night away until the sun came up.



Cross Club Entrance



Inside Cross Club



More Cross Club

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful city.

    Hot dog looks delish too.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks so gorgeous! The buildings, the food AND the weather!

    http://moulinfrock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep it was definitely a stunning city and food and beer were AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete